Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Pacifieraholic
Hi, my name is Fox and I'm a Pacifier-aholic. ("Hi Fox") I first noticed a problem when I found I was inconsolable without one. At first everyone thought it was cute, heck, I thought it was cute. I could handle it. What's a pacifier or two here or there? You have one before bed, maybe after lunch. Pretty soon I was reaching for one as soon as I woke up. I had to have one with breakfast. I was sneaking a quick one when ever I could. Then it was two, even three at a time. I just didn't care anymore. I'd pick them up off the floor, from under the sofa, heck I'd even take one from the darn dog if he'd let me. I had it bad.
I'm learning to take it one day at a time though. I can kick this thing. I'm admitting I have a problem and that's half the battle right? I mean I know I've made mistakes. I've thrown a fit or two now and then just because I could and I occasionally unfold all the laundry mommy folded. I know I'm not perfect. But I realize that the big man is watching over me. Yup, there are greater forces at work in the world. Knowing someone out there has got my back, I can make amends for all I've done and kick this Pacifier addiction I have. I can be strong, man - one day at a time, one day at a time man.
My name is Fox and I'm a pacifier-aholic.
- Fox out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment