Friday, November 23, 2007

Have your cake, or turkey, and eat it too.



OK, my second Thanksgiving is now under my belt (literally I think I still have some stuffing stuck to my leg). I have to admit I was a big fan of the cranberry sauce, who would have guessed? Not so excited by the green bean casserole, although the dogs seemed to like it ... I do however want to thank the powers that be for pumpkin pie! I mean who knew!??
And why haven't I been eating this at every meal? What delightful ambrosia, what gastronomic perfection, where do I get more? Seriously, open that big box in the food room and slice me up another serving of that heavenly
sweet concoction. I know what I am grateful for, the fine folks at Sara Lee. Bless that woman and her wicked confections. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for my mommy, daddy, and big brother too. And also for my toys and clean diapers, but pumpkin pie! Do you remember your first taste of pumpkin pie with whipped cream topping? Yeah, you'd be exclaiming your delight too if this were your first taste. Talk about a sugar rush, whoa. I was a crazy man after that sugar injection. Could have stayed awake until Sunday if I had not crashed. I think you get my point, pumpkin pie is awfully good. I recommend you have another slice, forget the diet, live a little. My point is, be thankful for the little things. Pumpkin pie for instance. Now, how do I get another slice ... ???

Fox out.



No comments: